SiK Telemetry Radio V2 - M10013
A SiK Telemetry Radio is a small, light and inexpensive open source radio platform that typically allows ranges of better than 300m “out of the box” (the range can be extended to several kilometers with the use of a patch antenna on the ground). The radio uses open source firmware which has been specially designed to work well with MAVLink packets and to be integrated with the Mission Planner, Copter, Rover and Plane firmware.
The radios can be either 915Mhz or 433Mhz and you should purchase the model which is appropriate for your country/region.
|Specifications||mRo SiK Telemetry Radio V2|
|Receiver sensitivity||-121 dBm|
|Transmit power||up to 20dBm (100mW)|
|Air Data transfer rates||up to 250kbps|
|Dimensions||50mm x 25.5mm x 13mm|
The radios have 2 status LEDs, one red and one green. The meaning of the different LED states is:
- Green LED blinking – searching for another radio
- Green LED solid – link is established with another radio
- Red LED flashing – transmitting data
- Red LED solid – in firmware update mode
Connecting the radios
The radio has interchangeable air and ground modules, meaning that you use them as a pair but it does not matter which one goes on the vehicle and which remains on the ground.
The radio has a micro-USB port, and a JST-GH six-position port. The following sections explain how to connect these to autopilots and ground stations.
::: note Both signal perspectives are shown. :::
|Pin (wire color)||Signal – Flight Controller Perspective (Direction)||Signal Radio Perspective (Direction)||Volt|
|2 (black)||TX (OUTPUT)||RX (INPUT)||+3.3V|
|3 (black)||RX (INPUT)||TX (OUTPUT)||+3.3V|
|4 (black)||CTS (INPUT)||RTS (OUTPUT)||+3.3V|
|5 (black)||RTS (OUTPUT)||CTS (INPUT)||+3.3V|
- MAVLink protocol framing and status reporting
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Adaptive time division multiplexing (TDM)
- Support for LBT and AFA
- Configurable duty cycle
- Built-in error correcting code (can correct up to 25% data bit errors)
- Demonstrated range of several kilometres with a small omni antenna
- Can be used with a bi-directional amplifier for even more range
- Open source firmware
- AT commands for radio configuration
- RT commands for remote radio configuration