Control Zero OEM H7 - M10059
The Control Zero series of flight controllers represents mRo's commitment to continuous improvement. Our goal with this series was to take every lesson learned from our +10 years of flight controller design and make the best pro-consumer and commercial flight controller on the market. Our journey begins with this Zero in its OEM form factor - this is a no-compromise triple IMU commercial-grade flight controller.
When mounting the Control Zero OEM into its mating connectors on any carrier board ensure connectors are properly matched and aligned and that no power is applied to the board. If power is applied when the board is not connected properly you will cause irreversible damage to the board.
|Control Zero OEM
|32-bit STM32H743 Cortex M7 core with DSP and DP-FPU, max frequency 480 MHz
|256kb - for parameters only
|Accelerometers / Gyros / Mags
|3x Accelerometers / 3x Gyros / 1x Mag
|Invensense/TDK ICM-20602 (6DOF)
Invensense/TDK ICM-20948 (9DoF)
|Sensors – Dampened
|Bosch BMI088 (6DOF) (internally vibration dampened)
|AK09916 inside ICM-20948
|Infineon DPS310 barometer (Very smooth and NO light sensitivity)
|Interfaces and Protocols
|6x UART (serial ports) [3x with HW flow control,1x FRSky Telemetry (D or X types), 1x Console & 1x GPS+I2C].
1x PPM sum input signal
8x PWM outputs (all D-Shot capable)
1x RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
3x I2C 1x SPI 2x CAN
1x SWD (TC2030 Connector)
3x Ultra low noise LDO voltage regulator
Supported RC input protocols:
Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input and binding.
Futaba S.BUS® & S.BUS2® compatible input.
FrSky Telemetry port output.
Graupner SUMD. Yuneec ST24.
|Extended Testing and Burn In
|Custom Carrier Board Support
|Width: 20mm (0.79″)
Length: 35mm (1.38″)
|4.14g (.15 oz)
|Optional aluminum thermal and mechanical protection
- Automatic Tractors
|5.25V @200mA minimum, 2A recommended
The latest revision D model includes the following enhancements to the previous versions:
- Removed level shifting due to manufacturer decision to discontinue it on short notice. Replaced with robust ESD and current limiting protection.
- Added additional voltage rail diagnostic LEDs.
- Moved SDCARD to expose the MCU package to enable operations on higher temperature environments with external thermal solutions.
- Simplified overall electrical design with additional test points for factory quality control checks.
- The external interface remains unchanged for drop-in replacement with earlier revisions.
- All-around 3V3 logic level.
The board comes with Ardupilot stable pre-installed from factory. However the bootloader provides an interoperation layer with PX4 as well, so QGC will be able to detect it and load firmware adequately.
We encourage all customers to run the latest stable version available from your preferred flight stack.
The mRo Control Zero is compatible with the following firmware:
Some additional resources:
The serial ports default assignment is as follows:
Custom builds may be needed if you want to change default functionality for UART/SPI 6, this depends on the selected flight stack firmware.
If you have further questions contact us.
The board is intended to be powered either from the power 'brick' labeled as 5V_SRC in the above diagram or the VUSB pin or both; 5.25V is recommended due to protection diodes, this way you'll avoid getting low voltage warnings from the ground station software. The CZ OEM is able to provide up to 1.8A (fused) to the 5V_PRPH power domain, exceeding this current is will damage the board.
We offer a variety of carrier boards to suit most use cases. Designed to ease integration with your aircraft or simplify prototyping and development phases. We also offer upon request base projects on major PCB design software to develop your own carrier boards.
Reference Design CB – M10066
The reference design carrier board combines flexibility with a reduced footprint providing TELEM1 and 2, GPS, POWER and both CAN ports but also breaks out additional serial ports in 0.1″ headers as well as all PWM outputs. Support for an external power source to power peripherals is available using the solder jumpers at the bottom and the 0.1″ headers in front.
- Dimensions: 63.8mm x 31.6mm [2.51in x 1.24in]
- Distance between holes: 57.6mm x 25.8mm [2.27in x 1.02in]
- Hole size: 3.3mm [1/8″]
- Weight: 4.5g [0.16oz ~0.01lb]
‘Stick’ Adapter CB – M10062
The ‘Stick’ carrier board loses a couple of JST-GH connectors compared to the reference design carrier to make it as slim as possible but still keeps the 0.1″ headers for PWM outputs and has the most popular ports such as GPS, TELEM1, TELEM2, POWER and both CAN.
- Dimensions: 81.5mm x 20.8mm [2.64in x 2.13in]
- Distance between holes: 65.6mm x 15.6mm [2.58in x 0.61in]
- Hole size: 2.6mm [0.1 in]
- Weight: 4.9g [0.17oz ~0.01lb]
‘Prototyping’ Zero OEM Adapter – M10060
This board breaks out every single pin from the OEM H7 autopilot into a 0.1″ through-hole header, making it the most versatile carrier board but not exactly the smallest.
- Dimensions: 67mm x 54mm [2.64in x 2.13in]
- Distance between holes: 42mm x 46.4mm [1.65in x 1.83in]
- Hole size: 3.2mm [0.13 in ~1/8″]
- Weight: 11.8g [0.42oz ~0.03lb]
Quad Zero Kit base board - M10112
A more elaborated example to showcase the versatility of the CZ OEM form factor and as a base to our sub 250g platform, the Quad Zero Kit. The M10112 board integrates all the basic components and then some add-ons to provide a complete baseline board for small quadcopters:
- 4x10A BLHeli ESCs 2-3S
- Embedded Power Zero power module:
- Hall effect current sensor
- Battery voltage sensor
- 5.25V, 3A power supply
- VL53L1X Time-of-Flight sensor
- Width: 55 mm (44mm w/o tabs)
- Length: 98mm (72.7 mm w/o removable stem)
- Weight: 7.82 g [0.01719 lbs]
- Screw pattern: 52mm x 45mm
- Hole size: 2.1mm
- Ports with connectors: microUSB, 3xJST-SH (GPS, TELEM1, TELEM2), BT2.0 pigtail
- Radio receiver voltage selection jumper (VSEL on TOP)
- Extra Pads: I2C3, CAN1, RC, RSSI (3V3 ADC), PWM5-8, PWR OUT
Be cautious when removing the OEM from ANY carrier board, ESD safe plastic tweezers were provided for this task. This is true especially for M10112 boards where aggressive weight saving measures were taken.